Hi guys,
When users create a issue on the creating issue screen, they must chose the assignee. So I want to set the default assignee is the creator when the issue was created.
How can I do that?
Thanks!
Add the 'Assign To current user' post function on the Create Transition step in your workflow.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Applyingpostfunctionstotransitions
Jobin Kuruvilla: I have added that post function to the create transition, but I still couldn't create the issue, the message was showed by system was 'Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off.'
Users created the request, they have the ASSIGNABLE permission. I tried by adding the ASSIGN ISSUE permission for user, so they can create the request. But if that permission was removed, the issue couldn't create the request.
So, is it ok? I want every user can create the issue (after creating, the issue assignee was creator) but they can't assign the issue to others (mean they don't have the ASSIGN ISSUE permission)?
Have you tried using assign to reporter and moving the assign action after the create event?
If you want the assignee to be set on the Create, you need to give the person creating the issue the permission to assign! If you don't want to give them the assign issue permission, use script runner plugin and write a simple script to change the assignee (without checking the permission!).
@Jobin Kuruvilla ok, i will try your way. Thanks so much!
I am having the similar issue.
The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.