Is there a way to copy an advanced Roadmap Plan? Our implementation tasks are same project to project for many customers so we don't want to have to recreate tasks and parent child task hierarchy from project to project. In other words we want to maybe used one of the Project plans and use as a template from project to project.
Hi @Jeanne Higgins
No. There is a no way to copy a plan. However you can recreate tasks with relevant links. The hierarchy is based on issue links, parent id or sub-tasks. You can prepare a csv and import it in your Jira instance. Then create a plan based on those newly imported issues. For importing csv import with links or parent id take a look at this page.
I hope it helps.
Ravo
I would like to vote on getting this into Atlassian's roadmap. It would save so much time when configurations are the same and just issue sources need to change.
I would personally argue the workaround is not great. It is probably not a big effort for this to be added as a feature - Clone a Roadmap Plan so you do not have to start from scratch. Voted to add it.
I don't think there is an easy way at this moment. I agree that it could be a standard feature, but looking at standard clone feature in Jira, which can't clone child issues, I don't think it is likely to be released any time soon. There are some apps on marketplace that can clone entire hierarchies of issues including those added via Advanced Roadmaps.
If you are open to use an app you can search for it using this query.
I am the product owner of Issue Templates for Jira, which allows you do it in a few steps. All you need to do is create a templates repository (project), where you create your template plan. If your plan starts with legend, initiative or any other issue, you can copy it form the template, and the app will create all its children and linked issues. It is easier to show than to explain, therefore please take a look at the short tutorial on youtube showing how to do it step by step.Kind regards,Maciej
Welcome to the community, @Cristina Has.
I am Marlene from codefortynine.
If you have Deep Clone for Jira installed to your instance, you could also bulk clone the issue hierarchies with the Epic/Tree Clone feature or the Bulk Clone feature.
Bulk Cloning with Deep Clone is pretty easy and can be done by any Jira user.
Yes have used the Bulk Clone.
Hi Jeanne,
We’ve now added the option to duplicate any plan in Advanced Roadmaps. More information on: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Don-t-recreate-your-plan-duplicate-it/ba-p/2315074
However, we are not duplicating the issues (not creating copies of issues), just reusing the issue sources in the plans.
Cheers,
Sachithra.
Hi Denise,
@Sachithra Dangalla Thank you very much for letting me know and I tried it out and it works. Thank you!
Hi @Sachithra Dangalla
Is this Advanced Roadmap feature available in the Jira data center?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Don-t-recreate-your-plan-duplicate-it/ba-p/2315074
But could you please explain me how to duplicate the plan including the issues? I have a template plan for the whole project, that needs to be duplicated/cloned including all these issues for each new customer. The plan contains 200+ issues in complex hierarchy and many dependencies. How can the feature of duplicating the plan help me?
Hi Jana,
Unfortunately, this feature will only duplicate the plan. The issues come from the issue sources of the plan (Could be projects, boards or saved filters) and the plan duplication will only duplicate the plan (plan settings, view settings etc.), not the issue sources, hence not the issues.
More information on plan duplication: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/duplicate-your-advanced-roadmaps-plan/
Kind regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.