Hi
Is possible to go to another step in workflow when a user comment in issue?
Yes, but you need code.You'll need to find or write a "listener" that can pick up "issue commented", examine the issue to see what status it is in, and hence which transition to use, and then execute that transition.
There is one in the JIRA Toolkit add-on which might work for you (it's original intention was "reopen an issue when a user comments on a closed one", but it's a lot more flexible and works for any status)
You might also be able to use the JIRA Automation Plugin.
I tried this plugin and I can execute workflow transition when someone add a comment.
The problem is that if someone add a comment always try to execute the transition, and if the issue is in a state without this transition an even log error appears like
"It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (XX) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TEST-63). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details."
I don't find how to set the state on the rule condition.
The toolkit option lets you say "only when in status X"
thanks!! I'll try Toolkit
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.