Is there an ETA on when a 6.2 compatible plugin will be available?
A few weeks. Unfortunately Atlassian are putting the pressure on by announcing these vulns at the same time as releasing 6.2, so more people than would normally are keen to get on the 6.2.0 release.
I agree with Norman, I almost never take the .0 version of a new major release.
Hey John, not sure if this is Jamie's preferred means to recieve/answer update questions like this, but I know he is usually pretty quick to turn things around.
I would log the request on his public issue tracker so other folks can vote, and jamie can communicate back to users.(example from 6.1 compatibility https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JBHV/fixforversion/17901)
My stock answer for plugins is 4 to 6 weeks after Atlassian releases a new version because there are hundreds of plugins that need to be updated. Even atlassian supported plugins are not done before a product is released.
This timeframe is also about the time that Atlassian will release a point release (ie fixing issues), so I generally end up avoiding the initial problems caused by new releases.
Even though developers can get early releases, they really need to wait until Atlassian does it production release for the final adjustments and testing. Then developers need to schedule the time to work on their plugins since plugins are not their primary job.
I really wish there was a separate area on answers for announcements and the marketplace had a better view for the matrix compatability across all plugins where admins could register their interests and see all the plugins at once. Then the developer would be able to put a note on their progress.
marketplace had a better view for the matrix compatability across all plugins where admins could register their interests and see all the plugins at once
Thats an interesting idea, may be worth putting something on https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT
Ok, Added an issue, so go ahead add your comments and start voting!
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-9324
Thanks all for the replies. I agree with the .0 relase comment too. We were getting ready to set up a test instance with the latest version when the security announcement came out. We are just trying to get our hand on the new features since 5.2, so we went with 6.2.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.