I have a large JIRA instance where a script has updated one issue 5060 times. Now the Issue History tab won't load. The Activity tab is fine because it doesn't show all Activity in one page. The rest of the view issue page is fine.
Sort of like the number of comments I guess? I am sure there is no limit and the loading of history tab depends on the amount of data that goes in here. For example, if you update a large description every time, it might stop loading much before 5060 times? Not sure how we can limit it as the edit can be done from multiple places (Edit issue operation, Agile boards - inline edits, REST API, probably some plugins and so on) and will need changes to core code I guess?
Yes, I can confirm that having a single 15MB description change will cause lots of GC activity, as well as not loading the history tab. These changes were just updating a single line text field, so less that 255 chars in each case. I think the best thing would be to allow unlimited edits but only show them in "pages" not all at once. And don't allow scripts to use JIRA in a way that is too different from how people use it
+1 for paging
Logged as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-63076
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.