I am testing JIRA email handling functionality via Mail Handlers and have run into a problem.
I have two email aliases:
marketingdemo2@nau.edu
marketingdemo3@nau.edu
These both go to the mailbox "Marketing Demo" which has the address of marketingdemo@nau.edu.
Yesterday I set up two email handlers. Each catches one of the above aliases and delivers the email to its linked project as a new issue or comment to an existing issue. I tested it after setting it up and it worked - emails were filtering to the appropriate projects as expected.
Today, the handlers will not pull mail out of the inbox. When I test the handlers, they pass but "More Details" tells me the following:
Found 2 message(s) in the pop3s folder.
Cannot handle message as the recipient(s) ( MarketingDemo@nau.edu ) do not match the catch email marketingdemo2@nau.edu
Cannot handle message as the recipient(s) ( MarketingDemo@nau.edu ) do not match the catch email marketingdemo2@nau.edu
However when I look at the email header, I see the following:
From: D Barnese <D.Barnese@nau.edu>
To: Marketing Demo <marketingdemo2@nau.edu>
Subject: Testing again
Thread-Topic: Testing again
Can anybody shed some light on what I'm doing wrong here? For some reason it seems to be reading the main address rather than the alias, even though the alias is clearly the recipient in the header. We are running on Exchange 2010 SP2.
Thanks!
Dina