Hi all,
I been setting up standalone Jira with Crowd, Confludnce and Fisheye. Everything works fine, my only problem is that the server has 2gb of memory. (which can be upgraded, no problem there) Since our usage should not be very big (we only have about 15 users and low issue creation rate), I reduced the memory usage of everything via specifying it in Java VM parameters. It looks like this:
Crowd - -Xms32m -Xmx64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
Jira - -Xms128m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
Confluence - -Xms128m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
Fisheye/Crucible - -Xms128m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m
So according to my calculation I should have about 700 memory free, system on idle with apache, mysql and the linux OS running only using 150mb. There's a 550mb overhead for Java VM in total over 4 apps? I sometimes just don't understand where, how and why Java VM uses memory.
So then, I just run Jira and Confluence (plus Crowd) and I get the same results... only now I'm running one less application.
Looking at memory bevavior:
Idle - 150mb
Run Crowd - 500mb
Run Jira - 1.4gb (???????)
Run Fisheye - 2gb
Run Confluence - 2gb (what?) (30mb swap)
Even just looking at Crowd, it should only have 200mb allocated to it total, yet somehow it manages to use 160mb more.
Anyone can share some light on this?
Thanks in advance.