We have an old service desk server and I wanted to clone it and do a test upgrade before doing a live one. We have service desk installed on a virtual server. I've made a clone of this server and a clone of the MySQL database. I managed to get service desk up and running but I'm unable to log in as it's not authenticating with our main Jira. I've tried adding the new service desk server to Jira via application links but it's not allowing me to add it as it has the same server ID as the live service desk server. What's the best way to get this working?
You can login with recovery admin option. see details below.Â
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html
You can then setup a local user and work on your directory setup. Hope this works.
Also take a look at this for some best practices on how to set up a proper staging environment.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-test-environment-for-jira-966063324.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.