Hi,
I give following in my browser url :
https://confluence.ie/rest/api/space?type=site&limit=500
It gives me the list of all the spaces with many fields like key, name, type, id.
I need only the names and keys of all the spaces. How can I filter it to receive only the names and keys of all the spaces?
Regards
Hi @sanan sanan
Use the jq command-line tool to extract the data.
You have to use curl request via command line.
For Example, I have a response here as follows
{"results": [{"id": 117964808,"key": "GHS","name": "GitHub Space","type": "global","status": "current","_expandable": {"settings": "/rest/api/space/GHS/settings","metadata": "","operations": "","lookAndFeel": "/rest/api/settings/lookandfeel?spaceKey=GHS","identifiers": "","permissions": "","icon": "","description": "","theme": "/rest/api/space/GHS/theme","history": "","homepage": "/rest/api/content/117965009"},"_links": {"webui": "/spaces/GHS","self": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space/GHS"}},{"id": 163841,"key": "GS","name": "Glow Space","type": "global","status": "current","_expandable": {"settings": "/rest/api/space/GS/settings","metadata": "","operations": "","lookAndFeel": "/rest/api/settings/lookandfeel?spaceKey=GS","identifiers": "","permissions": "","icon": "","description": "","theme": "/rest/api/space/GS/theme","history": "","homepage": "/rest/api/content/163842"},"_links": {"webui": "/spaces/GS","self": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space/GS"}},{"id": 81952770,"key": "JO","name": "JSM One","type": "global","status": "current","_expandable": {"settings": "/rest/api/space/JO/settings","metadata": "","operations": "","lookAndFeel": "/rest/api/settings/lookandfeel?spaceKey=JO","identifiers": "","permissions": "","icon": "","description": "","theme": "/rest/api/space/JO/theme","history": "","homepage": "/rest/api/content/81952900"},"_links": {"webui": "/spaces/JO","self": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space/JO"}},{"id": 360456,"key": "~469932490","name": "Pramodh Kumar M","type": "personal","status": "current","_expandable": {"settings": "/rest/api/space/~469932490/settings","metadata": "","operations": "","lookAndFeel": "/rest/api/settings/lookandfeel?spaceKey=~469932490","identifiers": "","permissions": "","icon": "","description": "","theme": "/rest/api/space/~469932490/theme","history": "","homepage": "/rest/api/content/360528"},"_links": {"webui": "/spaces/~469932490","self": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space/~469932490"}}],"start": 0,"limit": 25,"size": 4,"_links": {"base": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki","context": "/wiki","self": "https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space"}}
So after the curl request like this
curl --request GET --url 'https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space' --user 'username:token' --header 'Accept: application/json'
Append the jq command like this
curl --request GET --url 'https://octowinner.atlassian.net/wiki/rest/api/space' --user 'username:token' --header 'Accept: application/json' | jq '.results[] | {name:.name, key:.key, id:.id}'
Please let me know if you have any questions
Thanks,Pramodh
anyone, who can help?
Hi, @Pramodh M ,
thanks for your reply.
I will try this suggestion and get back to you soon.
Your suggestion has actually done the work.
Installing jq was also just a piece of cake.
I have now got the list of what I wanted.
You are a community leader for a reason.
Great! @sanan sanan
Happy to help :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.