Hi All,
I'm trying to setup an eval installation of Stash on our test server already running test environments of JIRA and Confluence (Windows Server 2003 connecting to an external MS SQL 08 DB). JIRA and Confl. are setup on two separate IPs on the same machine.
Probably not ideal, but I was hoping to install Stash, with its default 7990 port to run under one of those IPs, just to get it working easily. I am pretty clueless when it comes to network setup, as I'm primarily a developer (and most of the web server experience I have is with IIS, so this Tomcat stuff is new to me). Anyway, when I run the Stash installer and attempt to "Install Stash as a service", I get this error message:
"It looks like a Stash service is already installed in the target environment. The installation will replace any existing services. Do you want to continue?" This scares me a bit, as I suspect it's meant to do
, so I say no and back out of the install.
As far as I know/can tell, no one has ever tried to install Stash on this server before me. I can see the "Atlassian JIRA" and "Atlassian Confluence" services in the Windows Services list, but nothing in there about Stash. The Stash install and home directories are new folders on this machine. I also ran a "netstat -an" to see if anything was already on that 7990 port and found nothing.
I assumed this warning came from already having a service named exactly as the installer would name the new service ("Atlassian Stash"?), but there is none already with that name (or anything remotely similar to "stash"). So, I'm stumped.
Do any of you have any idea what's going on or where/what I can check? Maybe someone did try installing Stash a while ago, removed it, and something was left behind, but I wouldn't know where to look.
Thanks!
Justin