Hi! Elizabeth here, I’m a marketer on the cloud migrations team at Atlassian. If you spend a lot of time in this group on Community, you may have seen my name before. I do my best to share all-of-the-things we’re developing to help our customers get to cloud: whitepapers, blogs, demos and videos.
But we’re all busy people, so my team got to thinking… wouldn’t it be easier if there was one place to look for new migrations-related resources? And that’s how this idea was born. Welcome to the new cloud migration resources roundup: a list of new assets we’ve launched recently as well as a reminder of where to find our go-to tools.
So if you’re thinking about migrating to cloud and wondering what resources are available to help you get there, look no further. I’ll be posting regular updates that are a collection of the latest and greatest.
And we’re always trying to figure out what assets would be helpful to customers who are exploring cloud or who are in the midst of migrating. Is there a resource you’re looking for that we haven’t yet provided? Please let us know in the comments below and we’ll prioritize our plans accordingly 🙂
Happy migrating!
Elizabeth
Happy February! Here’s what’s new:
There’s no place like cloud: 6 graphs that prove it: We asked 300+ customers who migrated what they thought about cloud. Here’s what they told us. TLDR: 90% would recommend our cloud products!
January 2021, New Year Roadmap: sneak peek of what we’ve got coming in cloud
We migrated. Now what?: a video interview with Medical Transportation Management and Cprime about how they handled the “launch” phase and helped users transition to life in cloud
Recording from NYC & Toronto Atlassian Community Event with Cameron Deatsch and Partha Kamal all about Data Center and Cloud
Early access program for automated app migrations with more info on how to sign up. (Teaser: be on the lookout for more EAP info coming soon…)
And don’t forget about the tried and true!
Cloud Migration Center: central hub for all things Atlassian Migration Program. Includes links to our full resources page, server to cloud migration guide, migration contact form, and more!
Server to cloud migration guide: phase by phase info on how to migrate, with links out to more detailed documentation.
Cloud migration trial: a great first step if you want to explore cloud or test your migration without double paying. And here’s a demo on how to claim it and use it.
Intro to migrations eBook: recommended reading for anyone starting a migration!
Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant: free apps that help you migrate users, spaces, and projects with a step by step wizard. (Here’s a demo on how to use app assessment within the cloud migration assistants)
@Elizabeth Howden , this is something I really, really needed. I am in the world where I am trying to get rolling on this (getting focus factor is the difficult bit) but you just got rid of one of the items I needef focus for. Granted I have a ton of stuff to grok in the links but at least the elements I would need and some of the as yet outstanding questions are answered here.
Thank you for this
Thanks @mike - that's great to hear! I'm so happy this is helpful. As you get in to the weeds of migrating (or exploring cloud), let us know if there are resources or tools you need but can't find. That's super helpful feedback for us
@Elizabeth Howden expliquer moi très bien svp et merci beaucoup je eu des reponses a mes certains questions vraiment merci
Well @Elizabeth Howden , I have launched into this festival. You noted a place to provide some feedback and I have some... already... I dropped a quick question on the Community Leader Slack but no real answer..
So... the two things I found; one kinda annoys me that I didn't know there was a Good Thing available and the other could significantly affect my chances of success.
Hi @Elizabeth Howden
Thanks for responding to this. And yes please, I would be more than happy to speak with your team.
I kind of assumed it would be that way with the plugins so I will try to compress some of the work into a 30 day window. I could buy them but, rightly or wrongly, I try to be a good steward of my company's money.
@Mike Rathwell Do you mind sending me an email at ehowden@atlassian.com with your availability over the next two weeks and we'll get something scheduled with the team? Thanks for your willingness to connect!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.