We have an instance of JIRA which we host ourselves, and we would like to configure it to work with HipChat which is hosted online. I've added the HipChat extensions on Jira, but that's as far as I can get. When following these instructions:
Linking JIRA and HipChat
The JIRA and HipChat integration is packaged with JIRA 6.4 and later versions. For previous versions of JIRA or for the latest integration plugin go to the HipChat for JIRA integration plugin page and follow the installation instructions.
- Log in as a JIRA administrator or a Project Administrator.
- Go to the JIRA administration console, and then System > Mail > HipChat integration.
- Select Connect HipChat.
- Follow the instructions to link JIRA to your HipChat site.
- Once integrated, you can connect your JIRA projects to your HipChat rooms.
However, when I press connect HipChat, I get the option to join or create teams, all these options end up with the same result. I add my email address, and it complains that an account is setup with this email address. Which is correct, it's my hipchat account. So I can't seem to get past this. Is there something I'm missing?