Hello,
I'm trying to reduce our Confluence licenses and want to know if anyone has thought about this. Our company uses Confluence as a KB site. Currently we have 2000 users license for staff and clients. Our staff are 100 and clients are 1500. The clients only have read access to those client's facing spaces and staff have R/W to all spaces. There's a login to for everyone to access the site.
Since Atlassian has gauged the price, I need to find a way to reduce the cost. My questions is can I remove clients out of confluence-users group and into a new group, lets call it confluence-clients. Those clients in the confluence-clients group will not need a license and can still access client's spaces, right? Confluence only look at the confluence-users group as a license group and count those users in that group. Am I wrong on this?
Thanks
Hao