Some days ago, my box with the jira installation on it died, and some hardware parts needed to be replaced. Today, I rebuilt the box, and started to reinstall all software on it. I'm running FreeBSD 9.0, with openjdk6. To recover my jira 4.4.1 installation, I did the following:
1) recover my mysql server and database. the old jira data is present in the `jira` db scheme, and I can verify that data exists (e. g. I can see all the issues in the jiraissue table)
2) set JAVA_HOME, run the startup.sh script
3) access myhost:8080 to run the setup (jira-data folder is not existing yet, its created by the setup once started)
4) tell the setup to use "jira2" as database, because it won't let me chose a not-empty database
5) finish the setup, shutdown jira
6) edit jira-data/dbconfig.xml and replace `jira2` with `jira`, to use the database with the existing data
7) start jira again
I can now log into JIRA, and I can use all users that were present before the hardware crash. I can see the projects, and also the versions. However I can not see a single issue (no matter if logged in as admin or regular user).
Can anyone help me with this? How can I recover the jira issues?