Hi,
I work in a scrum team where we are developing a mobile app on Android as well as on iOS.
We work with Jira and separate the issues for the two platforms with different components ("iOS" and "Android") as well as with the prefix "i:" or "a:" ore sometimes "iOS:" or "Android:" in the summary.
I made some filters that I'm able to verify if the issues are properly created and maintained (ie all issues must have an epic, there is no remaining time left if an issue is closed etc).
Therefore I also made a filter to check if we have created an issue with the component "iOS" and start the summary with the prefix "a:" (which would be wrong) and vice versa.
Interestinlgy enough one of the two filters are working and the other doesn't.
Working filter:
project = MOBILE AND component = Android AND (summary ~ "iOS:" OR summary ~ "i:") AND Labels = mapps_3
Not working filter if summary starts with "a:", however it works when starting with "Android:")
project = MOBILE AND component = iOS AND (summary ~ "Android:" OR summary ~ "a:") AND Labels = mapps_3
Is there a reason why Jira is able to filter out issues which start with "i:" whereas it is not able to filter out issues which start with "a:"?