Backstory: We use Datacenter v8.5.3 and have the Portfolio extension. I'm a project admin, but not a Jira admin.
Question: Is there any JQL magic that will show me the following?
- All issues in one project,, PLUS child issues in any project (must be dynamic, not by named project or issue key)
For example: All XYZ issues, and any issue in any project, as long as it has an immediate parent (epic/initiative/theme) in XYZ
- All issues in one project, PLUS any associated parent in other projects (this can be restricted to a fairly small set of named projects)
For example: All XYZ issues, and any issue (epic/initiative/theme) in any of the named projects, if it is the immediate parent of any issue in XYZ
Basically, I just want to see all parents and children in a project, plus the children or parents (one level up or down) in other projects. The indentations here are just for clarity.
---> XYZ-3 - Epic for thing in XYZ
---> XYZ-5 - Story for thing blah
---> XYZ-10 - Another story blahblahblah
---> QWE-4 - Story in QWE as it's a child of the the XYZ epic
---> KITTENS-99 - Story in KITTENS as it's a child of the the XYZ epic
---> ABC-1 - Epic for thing in ABC, displayed as it's an immediate parent of an XYZ story
---> XYZ-321 - Story in XYZ (and no other child stories in that ABC epic)
...this way I don't see XYZ-321 as an orphan, I see the ABC-1 epic it's in, but I don't see all the stories in ABC-1. And, I make sure people can see QWE-4 as it's part of the XYZ-3 epic.
Does this make sense?
Of the two, if I had to pick only one, I would go for #1, although I really want both!.
Lastly, I think this needs to be JQL because I would use it in a Kanban board and Jira Structure, and need to be able to edit it myself.