Answers is up and running on Confluence Questions now! How did it go, and are there any known problems?
Hi all!
Thanks for bearing with us while the migration was underway - we had a few false starts which lead to the outage window taking slightly longer than expected, but now we're up and running on Confluence.
We moved a lot of content from one system to the other - around 210,000 user accounts and 80,000 questions. The goal was to have a 100% success rate for the migrated content, but sadly we didn't quite make it. I wanted to list out some of the content problems that you might see on the site right now, and which we will be working to fix ASAP next week:
If you notice any problems, any missing content, or you have any problems with your user account, please report an issue in the Confluence Questions project on jira.atlassian.com: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ
Hi Joe,
In the previous Answers site, users can see the Karma of the contributing users just beside their answers or comment. I can't see it in this new Confluence Questions Karma. Is it an expected behaviour or we should create a bug/feature request for that.
So far it looks good for me. Can't wait to see the avatar though. Great job mate.
Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
I filed an issue before seeing this question: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1387
Congratulations!
My account didn't transfer! All my karma nooo!!!!
Suddenly, a wild mail notifications appears! How do I turn them off?
My colleague can't even log in! He get's an error at the id atlassian part of the login. @Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM] I know it's part of the transition process. Let me know if there's a better place to report!! Still excited, Questions looks great!
And my points are back! Thanks!
Would be great to turn it off, cose notifications appear in my main mail directory.
Just a me, too - especially since I never subscribed to anything!
You can click on "Unwatch" link in the email to stop receiving the email for this topic.
It seems we can no longer instaban spammers, which was a feature available once you had enough karma points. Will this be coming back?
The feature is available in Questions in the user profile right sidebar. We have some improvement planned for this feature https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1209
Hi there,
When you post an answer to a question in e.g. topic Confluence, you get a popup if you want to watch topic Confluence. I think there's a small percentage of people who would like this, because this is about the whole topic and you'll be flooded with e-mails I have answered 3 questions and I already find it annoying. So.... maybe it's a bit too much service?
I noticed now that that spam is still added (Below is a example)
صيانة ثلاجات اريستون 01060037840 _0235699066 توكيل ثلاجات اريستون
Full Name is still used from Billing Account not nickname.
Overall finally migration is over however I do not see those recent changes that were gathered and resolved during beta testing phase..
@Joe Clark [Atlassian], is that right?
Hello again!
I'm missing "Browse Questions"... now you have buttons for Recent and unanswered, but that only display a couple of questions. You can't find or see the rest that way.
Sometimes I just like to browse to read about new stuff, learning about JIRA or Confluence or just to see who I can help...
Hope it comes back!
Hi Julien, I just found it and tried it on the latest spammer, but even after confirming to ban this user in the pop-up it doesn't do anything. Best regards, Peter
Hi Peter, That is correct, we created a feedback out of this issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1314.
I noticed that I can now accept answers inother people questions. Should it be like that or it is a bug?
I think it's because of your Karma points that give you the privilege to do that.
From your comment, I'm aware that we do not provide a clear link to FAQ and such information is not included for now. So I created this feedback ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1319 If you have any feedback, feel free to create yours.
Well, I wasn't expecting the FLOOD of email I got this morning since I long ago set my preferences to never send me email. It took me a while to figure out how to stop it.
I cannot post an answer - Its saying this : Your post was rejected because it contains blacklisted words. Please contact the admin for more information. Why?
For my above problem, I have filed the issue here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1323 . Please address soon.
I'm not appreciating the auto-watch on every issue I commented on and every topic I participated in. At least that is what it appears to be from the migration. There does not seem to be a central place to see what I am watching to quickly stop watching them.
Darren, you can disable autowatch by going to this URL https://answers.atlassian.com/users/editmyemailsettings.action
Hi @Vera Henrichs - I agree it's a bit annoying to get the same popup all the time - I've created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1333 to track improving this.
This was raised as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1292
Hey Mirek, We have the instaban feature and a spam blacklist to try and combat the spammers. Let's continue the discussion about the billing name problem on the relevant JIRA ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1132 You can see the fixes that we made as a result of the beta testing feeback by looking at this JQL: https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?filter=51453&jql=project%20%3D%20CQ%20and%20labels%20%3D%20collector-ff4183c9%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20fixed
Sorry, wrong URL - use https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CQ%20and%20labels%20%3D%20collector-ff4183c9%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20fixed
Thank you Bill. Hopefully that helps reduce the amount of message I suddenly started receiving. It was likely the auto subscript to recommended updates feature that was on by default.
Looks good! Now I see that important changes for me are still waiting to be deployed on PRD. And I am happy that the billing name problem is resolved. Keep up the good work.
Thank you. Watched + upvoted it!
Thank youf or the link. But how do you get there without the link? There's nothing to see about those settings when going to Settings in your profile...
Same thing, I cannot post answers and getting rejected errors
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.