Hello,
I have been heavily using the div and span macro for all kinds of self-created CSS styles for my PDF exports (page breaks, background colours, running headlines, pages in landscape mode, ...).
As I am still working on a very old Confluence version (4.3.7), this hasn't been a problem so far. But, as I have learned, in newer version these macros will be missing.
So, how can I make sure that I can still use all these styles for old and new pages? How can I still include div and span in my Confluence pages?
Here is my very simple idea:
I include them in the page's html code with the Firefox developer tools.
For my page breaks I would add "<div class="pagebreak">...</div>" as an example.
When I try this in my Confluence pages now, it seems to work with no problem.
But reading some of the feedback pages about the macro removals like https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65774?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=95f7e532-0a60-4a12-96fb-72653153bd69 I there doesn't seem to be any hint about this possibility.
Am I missing something and this will not work in newer Confluence version?