Hope someone can help with a quick filter challenge. I'm pretty sure my overall approach is wrong (not a dev or techie) and would be grateful for any pointers.
SCENARIO: we prefix out top 5 kanban issues (but not their sub-tasks) P1 to P5 so we can easily isolate them at stand-ups, etc. I want quick filters to return the Pn issues (and their sub-tasks) and another to return the non-Pn issues (and their sub-tasks) Here's what I've tried...
Return Ps
summary ~ P1 OR summary ~ P2 OR summary ~ P3 OR summary ~ P4 OR summary ~ P5
This works except I can't expand the swimlane to see the associated sub-tasks because they're excluded as they don't have the Pn indicator.
Return not-Ps (ver. 1)
summary !~ P1 OR summary !~ P2 OR summary !~ P3 OR summary ~ !P4 OR summary !~ P5
This doesn't work because sub-tasks don't carry the Pn prefix and the issue and sub-tasks are returned.
Return not-Ps (ver. 2)
So I excluded the sub-task issuetype:
NOT (summary ~ P0 OR summary ~ P1 OR summary ~ P2 OR summary ~ P3 OR summary ~ P4 OR summary ~ P5) AND issuetype != Sub-task
This returns the correct issues at the cost again of being unable to expand the swimlane to see the sub-tasks because they're now excluded!
Thanks :-)