I have the latest JIRA (5.1.2) and I've recently (about a week ago) upgraded from 4.4.3. The authentication is made against a Crowd instance with more than 100 users.
After the upgrade, one user started experiencing an issue. If he opens an issue, clicks on "Comment", writes something and then clicks "Add", the browser pops a message saying "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved." and gives two options: "Stay on Page" (which doesn't post the comment) and "Leave Page" (which posts the comment and returns to the same page, focusing the newly added comment)
I've tested with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera. On Windows, Mac and Linux. All the browsers behave in the same way, except for Opera which is silent, but I think reacts the same.
Do you have any idea why it happens? Is there any setting in Crowd or in JIRA's User Profile settings that can influence the behaviour of adding comments just for 1 user?
One of the differences that I saw in the logs is that most (all?) of the users do this request when adding comments:
POST /jira/rest/api/2/issue/{issueid}/comment
while this one does:
POST /jira/secure/AddComment.jspa?atl_token={some long string}
Thanks!