For some reason I have a new issue in a new install of JIRA and the "Resolution" field is permanently "Unresolved " and there is no where to change this. What does one do to resolve a task?
There are a couple of ways to do this:
Never ever add the "Resolution" field on the "Edit Screen". This may seem another way to populate fields in a JIRA issue but this is not applicable to the resolution field. Once you hit that "Edit" button and "Resolution" is in the Edit screen, a value will be selected for it, hence resolving the issue (in JIRA terms) even though all you did was just edit the issue details
Beautiful answer and quick too! Thank you. I understand why the field should not be on an editable form and that makes total sense when I think about it. However I am a bit baffled about how to "Add a transition screen". I think the easy thing is that any task marked "done" should be "Resolved" at the same time.
No problemo!
Just to add to Gabrielle's great answer – Some of the brand-new default workflows in JIRA simply set the default Resolution instead of having a screen. In those cases, you'd need to modify the workflow and add your own transition screen as Gabrielle indicates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.