Hi,
Are proejct leads the only ones who can create a version in a project? If not, how do you set a project so others can create versions?
Thanks in advance.
People who have "project administration" rights, as granted by the permission scheme.I'd guess you have "project lead" as one rule in there, but there may be others. A lot of us use "role: project adminstrators" and then we can add whomever we want into the role.
I currently have a user in the project admin role but they don't have permission to add a version. Where w/in the permission scheme can I add them?
You should avoid putting people or groups into permissions. It is better to put them in a role (as you already have) and then name that role in the permission scheme. You need to edit the permission scheme and add "Administrate projects - role: project admin". Only JIRA/System admins can edit permission schemes.
You need to grant Project Admin rights to users to do so, but there is a significant downside to this as that grants a LOT of permissions to that users.
Nic - using roles is not always the best. That might work for some teams where different users play different roles in different projects, but for an organization like mine, where one team accesses many projects and performs the same functions in each, using roles makes pretty much no sense. With groups I make one change and its effective for all of our projects. With roles I would need to go to every project and have to add every user to every role. And no, default roles wouldn't work either, since we have different teams with other sets of projects. More importantly, this would make reporting across projects much more difficult.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.