I have projects I want to add a swimlane column but the "statuses" are not available to me to get the swimlane to show up.
Hi @james_wolodkiewicz
Swimlanes are horizontal rows.
Can I get more information ?
You would not generally want to use status in swimlanes. Because columns are already based on status, you'll end up with mostly empty board cells and it wouldn't tell you anything more than a board without swimlanes at all.
I think you might be mixing up swimlanes with columns - could you confirm what you're really talking about?
Yes I have mixed up my terminology. I want to add a column which is straightforward. However, the new column needs a "status" added to get the column to appear in the project. The Add Status button mentioned in a video I watched does not appear even if I am logged in as an administrator.
Yes I have mixed up my terminology.
Do you have any unmapped status in the board config?
When you say you don't get an "add status" button, and that you are an admin, are you a Jira or System admin? Not just a project admin?
Hi ,
You can only able to add a new status , when all issue types are connected with " software simplified workflow" as of my knowledge.
If you have multiple workflows for issutypes on that time " new status " is not possible
I am a JIRA administrator and project admin.
And there is one unmapped status in the board config.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.