How do i achieve the condition where Resolution = Duplicate then provide duplicate issue ID in field "Duplicate by"
https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57999458#MiscellaneousBehavioursExamples-Disallow"Duplicate"Resolutionunlessthereisaduplicatelink
JIRA can't do this natively. This is only achievable with customization through javascript or similar. Are you interested in a solution like this?
I would be interested on that as well but first i would to check for some external plugins also which will enable a text field to enter bug ID only if Resolution = Duplicate, for other Resolution values it should not ask anything.
Thank you, I think I understand your requirements now.
Third Party Add-ons
Script Runner for JIRA also includes a modules called Behaviors which allows you to perform this via Javascript.
Finally, you can enter javascript into the Field Configuration description for that field and perform the job yourself.
None of these options are available for JIRA Cloud.
@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]
Hi Jamie,
Currently i am evaluating Script Runner add-on for my aforementioned requirement which goes like this:-
--> If Resolution is Duplicate then mandates a custom field to enter Duplicate of issue key.
I am trying to find any relevant scripts for this but couldn't find any, can you please help.
@Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
It worked the way i wanted, Thanks a lot !
Thanks Pratiyush, good luck.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.