I would like to know how to add a link to a local file within a issue.I am triying with file//C:/example.txt and it does´t work. "Invalid URL" error is raised.
Hi Angel,
try something like that:
[file://c:/path/to/your/file/example.txt]
This works for me. It should work with Internet Explorer, other Browsers don't support local file links without plugins, as far as I know.
And remember that it refers to the *client* machine. If you put that in JIRA, you are assuming that everyone who may want to click on the link has a file at c:\example.txt (Fun if you're on a Unix based machine like I am)
Hi Nic, I get a broken link when the file name has space in it. Please help me out on this. Thanks
You will need to escape unusual characters - file://c:/path/my\ file.txt
The file call format "[file:///c:/path/to/your project folder/file/example.pdf]" works fine for us for local HDD access. Note the 3 forward slashes after "File:", and that we can accommodate spaces in the path and file name.
[file:
///c:/path/to/your project folder/file/example.pdf]
In addition, as all our offices have the same drive mapping with replicated files and folders for our project files on our different servers, we can also use:
"[file:///x:/path/to/your project folder/file/example.pdf]",
///x:/path/to/your project folder/file/example.pdf]
and this will open the relevant PDF stored on our drive mapped fileshares.
Note that for Chrome to process the File call correctly, you need to do two things:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "--enable-extensions --allow-file-access-from-files"
2. Install the LocalFiles add-in by going to the following:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jllpkdkcdjndhggodimiphkghogcpida
The issue we have is that the above works fine for file types that the Browser can open internally. But it won't work for other file types, e.g. *.docx, or *.xlsm. In these cases the Browser finds the file OK but it just opens a dialogue to "Save As", which is not appropriate.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.