On our current wiki, we have some pages (not many) where the page has some of the content set only to display if the user is logged in and can therefore prove they should see the secret stuff :-)
I've tried to do this in Confluence by creating a page with restricted access then, on a public page, I have the public text and also the Include Page macro that references the secure page.
This works reasonably well. If I'm logged in, the secure content is displayed as part of the normal page's content. If I'm logged out, however, Confluence displays the normal content as required but where the secure page would appear, it displays "Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found".
Now, our current wiki doesn't actually need the sub-page approach - everything is actually on the one page, but I took this approach because I couldn't find a better way of doing it within the page.
Is there a better way?
Thanks.