Changing our server over to use LDAP authentication for Windows AD management of users and groups and made a mistake when changing group permissions. Previous config was using the Jira Directory to manage users/groups. Got LDAP setup and working, added users to the appropriate groups, and deactivated the Jira Directory.
Had a user report that they were not able to login and realized that I forgot to update the global permissions to allow access for the new groups. While there, I decided to also remove the old groups and add the new groups for admins. What I didn't realize is that unchecking the old group before adding the new group would lock me out.
I didn't save after removing the old group, I just unchecked the boxes for that group, then searched for the new group and when I clicked "Add" I got the error saying I didn't have permission.
Is there a way to fix this? I have a local admin account, but I can't find my password (I don't need to be chastised for that...I know how stupid I am for not putting that in my password manager).