I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish what the title states so let me further explain it here.
We have many dashboards and gadgets on them. From what I can tell there is no free or out of the box gadget that will take the remaining developer hours and forecast to a potential end date. For example, if we have a release determined, and there are 1000 hours in the release, and my team is 10 people, we could potentially do 400 hours a week so it would take us 2 and 1/2 weeks to do the work. I want a gadget that takes today and adds 2 and 1/2 weeks to the workdays and spits out a date.
So my thought was if there is a way to script this and then populate an existing gadget with that data. Then as my team changes size, or we are more/less efficient, I can update the team size value, or the value representing how much work they do in a day, to compensate.