Hello,
I would like to make the automation rule of sending an approval reminder email to approvers.
How can I make the SLA rule and the customer automation rule in the project?
Thank you in advance.
I would approach as follows but would need to play with it to figure out the precise syntax.
trigger - scheduled daily rule
Condition - JQL - "Approvals[Approvals]" = pending()
action - send email to approvers
the action is where some investigation is needed
Oh... wait. I see you are on server and likely don’t have Automation fir Jira which is what my response assumed.
Hi @Hyunmi Christina Bae ,
You are on the right track and it's is how we usually solve these too.
For the automation rule, that would work fine with the Server automation too, you can create a rule that says
if "Approval Reminder" SLA is breached, send the email.
the email won't be the nicest one ever but it will get the job done.
If you need better emails then you'll have to look at an email addon like JEMH or JETI
The biggest issue here will be the email itself. When you try to send it you have very limited fields to choose from who to send it too (reporter/customers involved)
Sadly the "Approvers" field is not one of them. You could send an email to the reporter to ask them to trigger the Approver but that's not the greatest option either.
If you really need it to go to the Approvers field you might need to get an email addon any way
Hey @Jack Brickey ,
Even on Cloud I would recommend using the SLA mechanism to count as it allows you to use a working days calendar and then send the emails using Automation (with a different rule then which includes the Breached() reason)
This way you don't send reminders/count days not responded during weekends/holidays
Ok let me split this up in a 2nd reply. Just to make sure my logic works I worked out how you can do this without an addon
You will still need the SLA to count when to send the reminder but your automation rule will be a bit different to allow a mail to be sent to the approvers:
1. Your Trigger would be "Approval Required"
2. Your IF condition could be "issue matches , "Approval Reminder = Breached()" (you can substitute your own SLA name of course)
3. Send the mail and since it's a customer notification now, you can send it to the "Approvers" field
Hope this helps! and apologies for jumping back and forth on this.
agree that SLAs work very well for this but TBH I sort of hate using SLAs as "timers" for automations even though I have suggested such in previous posts. It just seems to be a misuse of SLAs. Sort of a use a hammer when I need a screwdriver thingy. If I could hide these 'timer SLAs' then that would be better. Maybe it is just my OCD kicking in here. ;-)
Can I apply/perfrom this rule on existing tickets?
Sure. By setting the trigger to either
or using something like a loop/self transition or triggering on the change of a field
how can I configure both options manual or scheduled? thanks.
Those are in your rule as the trigger. You can only have a single trigger tho so if you have it already set up you’ll have to copy the automation and change it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.