I have inherited a fairly active (several updates per week) Confluence instance running version 3.4.7 and Java 1.6 on CentOS 5.11 and old hardware. The current plan is to migrate the server and data to a VM in a new data center but to keep the existing O/S, Java and Confluence versions intact. Given that CentOS 5 has been end-of-lifed since March 2017, I'd like to migrate to an updated O/S at the very least. The possibility of migrating to the cloud offering is also in play.
The way I see it, I have 3 options:
- migrate the current data to a VM with the same O/S, Java and Confluence version
- migrate the current data to a VM with an updated O/S, Java and perhaps updated Confluence version
- migrate the current data to the Cloud
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the relative costs involved. Right now I'm assessing whether or not options #2 or #3 are even possible given the age of the current system. Please feel free to redirect me to any existing threads or documentation about this topic, and thank you in advance!