We've been using a little bit of JS in one of our field Descriptions for a while now:
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready(function($) { ... });</script>
This particular field only appears on one of our Issue Types, so the code is expected to run only when creating an Issue of that Type.
Following the upgrade from JIRA4 to JIRA5, I've discovered that this is no longer reliable: it only seems to execute if the 'Create Issue' popup opens with the relevant Issue Type already selected. If another Issue Type is selected and you change to the one we're interested in, the code doesn't run.
(I suspect this may have been a problem in JIRA4 too, but we got around it by the simple expedient of not allowing the user to change the Issue Type from the Create Issue screen...not an option in JIRA5 so far as I can see.)
Now, I'm not particularly familiar with JS so I'm entirely happy to accept that the above fragment of code isn't the correct way to do this :-) But I haven't been able to find anything else that works at all, never mind works with the JIRA5 Create Issue popup.
Can anyone help, please?