I have a pull request which for some unknown reason I was not allowed to merge from the Stash website. The Merge button is disabled with the error "This pull request cannot be merged automatically". I could not figure out why as it is a fast forward merge without any conflicts...
There were no instructions on how to manually resolve the merge on the Stash pull request page. I remember previous versions provided instructions which would have been helpful.
So I ran the following commands on locally
git fetch
git checkout master
git merge --no-ff --log cool-feature-branch
git push
The merge commit does include the correct parents (one from master and the other from the single commit on my feature branch) and the merge commit message includes the id of the pull request "Merge pull request #1 in FOO/BarRepo from cool-feature-branch to master". However the pull request remains open and I don't see any way to mark it as resolved and link back the merge commit on master.
Can someone please help me understand why I couldn't merge using the website and how to resolve my pull request?