I was editing a page.
My boss asked if he could read it, so I hit Publish (even though there was barely anything there at the time) and sent him a link.
Then I hit 'edit' again and continued on editing.
As I edited, I kept seeing the 'draft saved' things occasionally flash up in the bottom of the screen.
After 3 hours of editing, a message pops up in the top right: "<boss> has reverted to a previous version of this page."
Without me touching anything, my page refreshes itself, gets itself out of editor mode and drops me back to the last published page that I saved 3 hours ago. Page history only shows the first publish.
He said he edited something then decided against it and backed out of it. not sure what exact buttons he touched but his screen didn't show any of my draft work either (which I wouldn't expect it to, but my screen had also reverted to the one from the morning)
uh, is this expected behaviour?
Really?
Someone else can just delete everything on a page that I'm working on, while I'm working on it, and I don't get any say to stop it?
(even something as annoying as Word seems to get this right and doesn't let you edit when someone else is)
Is there any way at all to get back anything without repeating the last 3 hours of my life?