We've been using Bob Swift's "SQL for Confluence" add-on for a while. Until today, all of the data sources were SQL Server and it's worked fine, but now we have to query a PostgreSQL DB. In fact, it's the DB for our JIRA Server instance.
I'm trying to use the recommended data source config, modified like this to point to the PostgreSQL library included with Confluence 6.0.2.
dbDriver=org.postgresql.Driver |
dbUrl=jdbc:postgresql://jiradbserver:5432/jiradb|
dbUser=username|dbPassword=password|
dbJar=lib/postgresql-9.4.1210.jar
I'm able to interactively query the JIRA DB using my favorite client (HeidiSQL), so I know the basic connection info is working. But, I think the JIRA DB (or possibly PostgreSQL in general) has a different structure than I'm used to with SQL Server.
In my connection string above, "jiradb" refers to the DB name on that server. However, JIRA and/or PostgreSQL has an additional level to the data structure, and when I'm querying using HeidiSQL, I also need to select the "next" level down, called "jiraschema" for our JIRA Server's DB.
How do I specify that extra level in the datasource? I've trying using "postgresql://jiradbserver:5432/jiradb/jiraschema" and other variations, but I can't get it to work.