Our organization wants to move away from using Word for creating our customer-facing documentation. So far, Confluence can match most of our requirements. I have not yet found a way how to solve the following:
The process of making changes involves the creation and approval of an RFC first. To check how the approved RFC ended up in the documentation, we would like to somehow mark the changes and tie them to an RFC. In word, we just use comment-balloons for that. I could use tags, but those are on page level, but that is too big.
One work around would be to create a user with the name of the RFC, that would have exactly the result we are looking for: (1) the possibility to look for all changes related to an RFC, and (2) when viewing different versions seeing "RFC1234 made the following changes: ...". But, it involves a lot of extra user management, so I was hoping anyone else has a winning tip (or plugin) for us
.
(I already found this topic (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144973/moving-from-internal-confluence-to-publishing-for-customers), which was informative, but did not cover my specific question.)