Is there a way to notify an admin of unassigned tickets in Jira Service Desk?
Hi @Tori Krueger
From Jira vanilla it is not possible, however, you can use the Automation for Jira, in which you can schedule a JQL to find the tickets and then create an action to send the e-mail.
Hope it helps.
an alternative approach could be to craft a JQL query/filter, like Artur already mentioned, and then subscribe the interested parties to the search results.
This can be done by stock functionality "Filter Subscription" and is further explained here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/working-with-search-results-861257284.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresultsAlso this blog post I found very helpful:https://www.atlassian.com/blog/2013/02/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-3-of-4Apart from that all from Marketplace there are Apps available which are capable of catering that need more specifically - it depends on how high expectations are and what additional features this option might need to have from a users view.
Cheers,Daniel
Thanks and appreciate the information. I am fairly new to Jira and looked in the automation feature. I am struggling with how to add the notification for the emails.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.