Hey everyone, so we're in the process of planning to move our Confluence installation off of our JIRA server, and we were wondering the best way to go about this. I've seen atlassian's documentation on this issue, but I didn't feel the documentation was especially clear or helpful, and seemed to have some errors even.
Basically what we want to do is just move the Confluence installation onto another server, have it point to the same database, and use Jira's user database, just as it does already, with all of the same data and spaces.
Now Atlassian recommends doing stuff like copying installation directories and data directories over, but what I'm wondering is why not just have a fresh install on a new server and then import the backup file into confluence using the built in restore function? Wouldn't that be much easier? Any help we can have on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.