Trying to import data from a CSV file to a project but none of the custom fields are populated. Import log states "Custom field not found" JIRA version is 4.3.4
see my comment from Aug 28
JIRA Importers Plugin which you seem to be using should import data from a CSV file to custom fields (not every type of a custom field is supported, but many are).
It looks like you found a bug or your configuration or CSV file is borked.
Could you post more info (ideally including import configuration file and an excerpt of a CSV file itself)? Alternatively (if your data is sentsitive) feel free to raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com and attach there these files.
Thanks for your help. In the end I managed to solve the problem - after some trial and error I realised that the problem was that I needed to change the configuration of my custom fields so that they were for "any issue type" and "Global context" (i.e. any projects) before I imported the data. All the data went in without problems.
Once the data was imported I changed the configuration of my custom fields back to what it was - for a specific Issue type and specifc project.
Good to hear that. Yes, CSV importer supports only gobal custom fields. To work around this limitation we expect people to do exactly what you did - change them to global before the import and then modify their context at will after the import is finished.
Hi, Under JIRA 4.1.1, I was able to import the custom fields without having to make them global. I'm importing about 10-15 custom fields, this is a huge pain to make them global. I'm not sure how this is an improvement??
I am importing project by project. Of course it would really help if Step 6 was there, the one that says "Do not create custom fields".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.