Hi Team,
I have installed jira on ubuntu and I am unable to find dbconfig file. I have installed jira twice but this file is got getting created.
Can someone help me with this
Thanks,
Arvind
A newly installed Jira will not have this file until you have completed the set up of it.
I have to question why you're looking for this file when you are part way through an installation - there's no possible reason to be messing with it until you've finished the install.
What are you trying to achieve here? Not "I want to change a file", but the actual reason that has lead you to look for the file? Is it a backup recovery, creating a test system, an upgrade, a database migration or something else?
Could you please check dbconfig file in home directory.
Should be comething like this - /var/application-data/jira/
Hi Adeshk,
Thank you for the reply. I have checked in /var ,/opt and unable to find dbconfig file. Even locate command is unable to find it which means that this file didn't create.
Hi!
Could you provide the result of command:
ps aux | grep java
?
hi @Arvind kumar Pal did you try to start Jira first? I think it is created when Jira is started first time.
Hi Martin,
Yes, I have started jira but even though it is not getting created.
Hi Gonchik,
This is what I am getting..ps aux | grep javajira1 7256 0.3 17.1 2798216 350876 pts/0 Sl 06:17 1:00 /opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xms384m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options= -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/atlassian-jira-gc-%t.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCCause -Dignore.endorsed.dirs= -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap startroot 7630 0.0 0.0 11740 928 pts/0 S+ 10:51 0:00 grep --color=auto javaThanks,
Hi Nic,
The installation process has been completed and Jira has been started but when I check log it says The database is not yet configured. Enqueuing Post database-configuration launchers on post-database-activated queue.
So I was trying to find out dbconfig file and I need to configure the database too, so this file is required
If it's saying "the database is not yet configured", then you have not finished the installation process. You need to complete the installation process (i.e. run it, visit it in a browser and do the things like set up a default admin user and configure the database)
Thank you for the response but to configure database dbconfig file should be created.
Could you check a problem on that directory? /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
As I understood, you complete a installation wizard, then restart instance. And in UI again the installation wizard.
And no file in /var/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml, is that right ?
If so, as double check, could you clean /var/application-data/jira/database directory.
And start installation wizard again ?
Maybe something stucked ?
And I hope user jira1 is owner of your jira home directory.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.