I have issue submissions coming from external customers and being handled by the mail handler.
I've enabled account creation for those user accounts that don't have access to the system. This works fine and users are placed in the jira-users group
However the issues in this project shouldn't be visible by other people (1000+) who use the same JIRA instance. For this reason the jira-users group is placed in the Users role. All other roles are done by adding individual members.
Issue security is then applied so that only those in the Developer role, or Reporter can view issues.
This works fine except that external customers do not get notifications that their issue has been received or any comments relating to it.
If I place external users into a Developer role, they do get notifications.
It seems to me that the issue security is causing the problem. So I'd like to put all of these users in one group and remove the issue security requirement.
What configuration exists that allows for submission by external parties, removing the project from general view, while allowing email notifications? Is it possible to define which group newly accounts are placed in? For example they are placed in a jira-external-users group instead of jira-users ?