Hello,
Can someone please tell me if I am correct on this? Following my email to our staff is our Deputy CIO's response to my email.
My email to staff:
Hello,
We currently have over 1,200 Pages in Confluence. I am checking each Page for accuracy. I need everyone to get in the habit of creating Labels when creating a Page.
Labels are how Users find information, just like when you search in Google for information. If there’s an error code, add it.
When determining which Labels to add, think of what you would type in a Google search. Labels are the defining keywords in your Confluence Page. If there’s an Error Code (e.g., KB-846534), please add it as a Label. When someone searches for that error, it will pop to the top of their search.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reply to me:
I don’t think we can manage Confluence pages. They are going to continue to grow. We can’t make sure everyone labels them or uses them correctly. From what I’ve seen the labels are more for organizing pages. You can create a filter to show a label. As far as finding or searching for pages the label doesn’t seem to do much. I agree people should use them, but I know I rarely use them on pages I create because I don’t need to group them together. This sounds like a never ending battle.