I am trying to set up two separate attachment macros on the same page. I want to be able to group the files by topic, however when I drop a file into one it appears in both.
Ah, ok, the comments on the other thread clear up my misunderstandings, so here's a shot at a different answer.
Yes, you can use multiple attachment macros on a page, but I do not think it is going to work the way you want.
The attachments macro is not attachment storage or metadata, it's just a view of the attachments attached to the current page (with a function to allow you to add more). The macro does allow you to filter, by label and/or filename extension (*.pdf for example).
So I'm imagining a case where you have Alice, Bob and Charlie all with attachments on the same page, and you label all of them with the owners name. Then you can indeed have three "show attachments" macros, on filtered for Alice, one for Bob and one for Charlie.
But dropping a new file onto any of these will simply add to the pile of attachments on the page, it can't know that you would probably want to add a label as well to enable the filtering.
How are you telling Confluence what the "topic" is for each attachment?
can we use "File Lists" ?
What do you mean by "file lists"?
He saying grouping of attachments right.
in confluence self hosting -- in create page section we have "File Lists".
We can name as "File A" like folder and all the attachments regarding "File A" will be dropped here.
Thanks Nic. Makes sense. I guess, for the function I want, each will have their own child page and a link to individual's pages on the parent page.
Cheers,
Drew
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.