Dear All,
Greetings!
My requirement is: I want to know good Confluence Plugins and Add-ons in order to do very good Technical Documents with good quality and quick and easy way. Can you please send me the list of Plugins and Add-ons for my requirement?
Thanks.
Best Regards,
Buddhini.
Hi Buddhini,
welcome to the Atlassian Community!
For recommendations of specific Apps it is quite tricky as this will depend on how your team works - basically: what works for you best. An App that works for one team does not necessarily mean it works good for another, as well.
What you always could do is to start small, then grow. This also saves some money on Apps (otherwise you would to subscribe of a bunch upfront).
For technical documents Confluence suits very well!
Please also see:
Please let Community know in case of specific questions. I am sure somebody will then reply with a more exact recommendation.
Regards,Daniel
Hi Daniel,
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
How can we draw mind maps and UML diagrams and other diagrams in Confluence instead of using Draw.io? How can we do copy format feature? How can we merge the table cells etc.
Few plugins and add-ons which I thought we can use are:
There are many plugins and add-ons so it takes more time to identify good plugins and add-ons among those. Hence I thought I will raise my question over here.
Please give your valuable thoughts on this this.
Best Regards,Buddhini.
Those are very valid question. At least I can say that for merging cells no App is needed. For any other requirements I would refer to other users that are experienced in drawing UML diagrams.From a very general view each App might have it pros and cons. The good news is: you can test each of it for a limited timeframe if it suits your needs (probably best on a non-production environment).Like stated earlier it might make sense not to start with the whole list of Apps.I know, each of it is powerful and will enhance your instance a lot but it also needs works to understand how it works and how it needs to be configured. This is something that could keep you (along with the team) busy for many days - at least when there are many.
I would start with the points that matters most to you - what you drives the most. Some "nice to have" things I would postpone and evaluate later on.
Thank you so much for your valuable comments.
I am sorry, my question for merge the table cells is for Draw.io. How can we use our own colour themes in the tables and if we want to have more diagrams with the tables then we have to use Draw.io likewise if we can get the basic features in Visio and Microsoft word in Confluence then it would be great. Then we can do Technical Documents with good quality and quick and easy way.
Please give your valuable thoughts on this.
Hi @Umanga Wackista-aratchie
We have a list of some helpful apps to try here. I'm not a Draw.io pro user, but maybe @Boris Jockov _draw_io_ can help.
There's also Gliffy, which is another diagramming tool. I've lightly used both, and I like them both. For Draw.io, I recently participated in a panel where I showed how to use your own color scheme and style for diagrams, but it looks like you have to pay to access it. Here's an article to have a look at.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.