When I open an issue, I don't see time tracking section (mentioned here. We are using JIRA (v4.3.4). Are there some settings which needs to be turned on for this?
Hi,
Activate time tracking under Administration --> Global Settings --> Time Tracking;
Configure your Field Configuration to ADD the Time Tracking component to your Issue Creation Screen; Once this is done you'll find a field - original estimate, that captures the time line for task completion on the Create Issue Screen.
And to enter work log against the original estimate, the user need to be provided "Work On Issue" permission by the Administrator.
Good Luck.
Thanks for your prompt reply, but this is not what I am looking for! I already see the 'Original Estimate' field in the Create/Edit issue screen; what I want to see is the Time traking section when I view an issue -
as seen in this page - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/What+is+an+Issue
Note: I am talking about the issues assigned to me on which I have all the permissions(Edit etc.)
You shouldn't have to do anything to see that, other than make sure you've got some data on the issue (i.e. an estimate) Can you check that there is data there for the issue you are looking at?
Yes Nic, I have added the 'Original Estimate' for the issue; this section is not displayed at all, not even for tasks for which I have some time logged and 'Original Estimate' set.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.