We're currently running an instance of Jira Server 7.13 (LTS) on CentOS Linux 7.9 and are about to upgrade to the next supported LTS release, 8.5. I noticed that the Supported Platforms (8.5) page says that Percona is not a supported database.
Our current install is as follows:
- CentOS Linux 7.9
- Apache Web Server 2.4.6
- MySQL 5.7.24-27 Percona Server
- JIRA Server 7.13.8
Per the support page, this seems to be an unsupported configuration for both 8.x and later and 7.13, but we have an active instance right now using the Percona release of MySQL Server 5.7, so I'm confused if this is a case of Atlassian not offering customer support for Percona or an actual compatibility. It seems rather suspect considering that Percona is one of the major vendors leveraging JIRA.
Any clarification from those in the know would be greatly appreciated, as I'd rather not migrate our whole database if it will still work with JIRA Server 8.5.