For a long time we had linked our Confluence to Jira via a http link.
http://jra.acme.com:8080and http://confluence.acme.com:8080
Adding gadgets in confluence pages adds deep links to the system inside the pages.
Now to increase security we want to change the application link to
https://jira.acme.com:443and https://confluence.acme.com:443
If I do so I'll have to change the external gadgets link to reflect the new protocol, port and all pages that have the gadgets embedded will show an error message that the gadget is not applied to the confluence instance. Embedding the gadget newly will use the new link will work without a problem.
Moreover: If I just add the gadget link using the new link and leave the old one in External Gadgets, the old pages will continue to work, but on adding a gadget newly I will see two instances of the gadget and not to see which one is the http or the https.
Now the question: Is there a way to switch the application link without touching the existing pages?