I am using Confluence JIRA macro with pivoting to show a table of epics and summed Original Estimates in 1y 2w 3d 4h 5m format. General readers like this format. I do a simple copy and paste of this table to excel to help generate a orig Est burnup. (faster than Jira search/export) I could not find parsing formula to convert Org Est from this format to workdays. So... I came up with one. It works perfectly on valid JIRA output but trips on odd cases like "-1y" and a few others (I can send) Would be interested if someone has even a better formula.
Here it is below. To use: paste formula into cell then do a find/replace (only in that cell) to replace $E96 with proper Orig Est cell reference. It looks hairy but it is simply looking for a letter and reading a 1 or 2 digit # in front of that letter, converting all to days and addin' up
=ROUND(IFERROR(MID((" "&$E96),FIND("y",(" "&$E96))-2,2)*260,0)+IFERROR(MID((" "&$E96),FIND("w",(" "&$E96))-2,2)*5,0)+IFERROR(MID((" "&$E96),FIND("d",(" "&$E96))-2,2),0)+IFERROR(MID((" "&$E96),FIND("h",(" "&$E96))-2,2)/8,0)+IFERROR(MID((" "&$E96),FIND("m",(" "&$E96))-2,2)/480,0),3)