UNC links do not work.
You might be doing something wrong.
Ok, that is a bit of a blunt answer, and very very vague, but you hae not given us anything to go on at all. "it doesn't work" is not a useful report of a problem if you want it solved. You'll need to tell us more.
Sorry, I had already typed all the details in, then was confused by your support site, clicked a link and lost it all.
I don't know much about this software, I was asked to install it. Everyone says that links to our file server (Windows) don't work. Have tried creating links myself with the confluence editor with "insert link". I have tried this myself with:
file://server/pathtofile
file:///server/pathtofile
file://///server/pathtofile
There are several folks asking about this but I see no answers. We have similar UNC links on our Intranet site so we know all about the browser issues, our links work with IE and with Firefox with a modified preferences file.
Confluence doesn't do links any differently to any other application - if you've put file://server/pathtofile into it, it's up to the client machine and browser to have the unc path mapped correctly and know how to follow it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.