We currently use a Confluence Template, "Service Info", which documents some of the basic items we need to know to monitor services and provision the correct VMs for running these services. Essentially these templates are the basis of our service catalogue and enforce some formatting standards for the document.
Part of these documents we are using variable to ask what version of .NET Framework, or .NET Core a service relies on. The implementation when initially completing this document seems kludgy. There is one page where a user selects the correct value for the variables we have in the document, then they have to select "Next" at the bottom of the page and complete the text versions of these pages.
- Is this how Confluence Templates are expected to function when a user fills one out?
- Is there a premade template I can and refine to use for this function? I don't see anything on https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/templates
- Maybe a blueprint for this function (service documentation) exists from a vendor that I haven't found?