I've read the blog posts
http://blogs.atlassian.com/confluence/2011/03/create-share-discover-more-wiki-content.html
I've studied the documentation
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+OAuth
I've created an admin user on JIRA and an admin user on Confluence to facilitate the OAuth connection, and I can then create JIRA tickets, but only under that generic admin user. If a arbitrary user of our wiki tries to create a new issue it isn't attributed to that user, it's attributed to the generic admin user. This is very annoying.
Questions:
1.) It's not clear anywhere that I've seen, but do we need Crowd to enable the ability to log new JIRA issues from the wiki and have them be attributed to that user?
2.) Why is this so poorly documented? The documentation is woefully skimp on the details of this integration. All there is are the videos that illustrate the magic that could happen if your stars align and you get it working.
Please help us understand how to set this up properly. If it means purchasing Crwod, fine, but we need to know that will actually work.